When it comes to keeping your recording files secure, you can trust the DS-9500’s 256-bit encryption feature to protect your data when transferring it from the recorder itself to a transcriptionist or a voice to text application. The video below demonstrates how to enable the encryption feature within the ODMS dictation module for the DS-9500.
Steps for Adding Encryption to Your Folders on the DS-9500 Voice Recorder:
- To start go to “Tools” and click on “Options”
- Select the “Device” Tab
- Select Device folders on the left hand side
- Click into the password field first
- Create a password and confirm it
- Set encryption level (256 bit option is recommended)
- If you would like to encrypt all folders on the recorder, repeat the steps for the rest of the folders.
- Lastly Click update – Select “Only this page”
If the encryption was set up properly, you will be prompted to enter the password in order to play the file back.